You have plenty of "yes" men. What you need is a "know" man.
I do a little of everything. I am responsible for developing and maintaining senior client relationships. I contribute to our Market Intelligence Platform offering, which includes writing and editorial responsibilities. In addition, I’m responsible for setting and executing our research agenda, identifying research partner opportunities, and managing a client-centric, highly-informed staff of professionals.
- Financial Research Corporation (FRC), 1998–2008
- President, Director of Research, Consultant, Analyst - I joined the firm as an analyst covering mutual funds, but later went on to build out the SMA product line. Promoted to Director of Research in which I oversaw the most productive research group of all times (in my eyes at least). I was rewarded for my efforts with the top spot at the end of 2006.
- Putnam Investors, 1993–1998
- Portfolio Analyst - It was your basic entry level job for someone with a flair for quantitative analysis. Learned a great deal about the industry and the experience afforded me the opportunity to join FRC.
- Central role in the product line rationalization decisions of one of the largest asset management mergers of all times
- Helped a boutique asset manager "adopt out" their mutual fund and stay on as sub-advisor
- Devised and implemented a really cool distribution/product strategy for a mid-size investment management organization
- Author of Sound SMA Practices for Managing Regulatory Scrutiny, Separate Account Distribution Trends, and Overview of Multiple Discipline Products
Education & OTHER EXPERIENCE
- 10 Years of first hand observations of the effectiveness of various sales and marketing tactics of at least 50 different asset managers
- 3 years of side-by-side experience with SMA managers, distributors, vendors and trade groups
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst (Business Administration)
Interesting Notes, PERHAPS
- Firms most knowledgeable music person supported be a collection of over 600 CDs (including three versions of Sugar Copper Blue)
- Member of a softball team that won two national titles in 2000 (NSA, USSSA)