You have plenty of "yes" men. What you need is a "know" man.
Loren is responsible for leading the research team and managing client support. His other responsibilities include contributing to the firm’s research publications and interfacing with industry executives.
- Financial Times, 2012-2022
- Director of Research – In this role I founded and oversaw Ignites Research, a unit of the Financial Times and complement to the Ignites news site that produced original research on strategic issues in the asset management industry. I set the agenda, managed the team and helped direct the marketing efforts. I also created and ran the annual rankings of US financial advisors that appeared in the Financial Times from 2013 through 2020.
- Strategic Insight, 2007-2012
- Senior Research Analyst – Senior member of the firm’s U.S. research team, producing articles, reports sponsored white papers on trends in the U.S. investment management industry, as well as custom research for client firms; led the ETF and closed-end fund practice, and co-created the firm’s live conference business.
- Various journalism positions before 2007
- I was a business reporter and editor at numerous organizations, including Institutional Investor magazine, Business 2.0 magazine, and Dow Jones News. As a freelance writer, my work appeared in Barron’s, Salon.com, and other publications.
- Advised many asset management firms on product development and distribution strategies
- Wrote the book "Enron: The Rise and Fall" (Wiley: 2002), the first reported book about the famous bankruptcy.
Education & Other Experience
- Columbia University - Graduate School of Journalism, MS
- Johns Hopkins University, BA
- A noted industry expert, often quoted in the financial press, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, and elsewhere, and a speaker at industry conferences