Who We Are
Founder & Partner
Neil is the Managing Partner of FUSE Research Network, which provides ongoing decision support to an exclusive group of asset managers through annual or multi-year relationships. He is the former President of Financial Research Corporation (FRC), which he founded and led from 1987 through 2006.
Specialties: Improving the productivity and effectiveness of the resources dedicated to the development and distribution of investment products / solutions — sales, marketing and product management.
- Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Business Administration – Finance)
- DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois (M.B.A.)
- 20 years of observing what does and does not work (and why) with re: the development and distribution of investment products
- Have come to realize that solid culture / strong brand is the only common thread of long-term successful organizations
- After working with 100s of firms over the years I have concluded that you have to both pay for it and measure it in order to make sure “it” happens
- Presentation style that successfully blends Steven Wright and Bob Newhart
- Known for my candor and ability to present bad news with empathy
- With three teenage boys, I expect to attend 157 combined football, lacrosse, hockey, fencing and piano events over the next 12 months
- Huge fan of Baltimore Orioles, Notre Dame Football and Marquette Basketball
- Financial Research Corporation (FRC), 1987–2006
- Founder – Grew from a one person sales and market share reporting firm into one of the most well-known and well-regarded research and consulting groups serving the retail asset management industry. Particularly proud of the staff we assembled over the years (and what they have gone on to accomplish) and the depth of relationships we developed and maintained with clients.
- Kemper Financial Services, 1984–1987
- Product Development, Competitive Research, Statistician
- Zacks Investment Research, 1983–1984
- Earnings Estimate Entry Expert
- Multiple post-acquisition product line consolidation projects (came to realize that acquisitions rarely live up to expectations)
- New distribution channel access in which I assisted in the tactical execution associated with designing product line, building the sales force and developing marketing support
- Strategic planning projects for large but often broken firm that wanted to set a new course for the future (developed a deep appreciation for “change management”)
- On several occasions I have had the pleasure of working jointly with McKinsey and learned to recommend channel segmentation and workforce realignment (with a 20% reduction)