What We Do
FUSE Research Network is a leading edge decision support firm that employs a highly refined market intelligence capability to deliver informed, decisive, and forward-looking guidance to firms in the asset management industry. While the industry is supported by dozens of strategic consultants and data providers, FUSE's positioning is firmly in the area of tactical execution. We are committed to delivering research-based client-specific recommendations that improve the productivity and effectiveness of the resources devoted to sales, marketing, and product management.
INNER WORKINGS OF FUSE
It is the goal of FUSE to develop a level of partnership with each client that transcends traditional vendor relationships. In order to achieve this, the day-to-day activities of FUSE are guided by the following principles:
Our ability to adhere to these principles is supported by our commitment to constantly be looking for ways to improve our support offerings through ongoing feedback and innovation. In addition, we will take steps to insure that FUSE staff members are among the best informed in the business so as to achieve a thought leadership position on the behalf of clients. Finally, we will provide a superior level of client service that sets FUSE apart from all other decision support firms. It is important to note that the FUSE service model accepts the fact that we do not have all of the answers in-house but our network of contacts, which is one of the best in the industry, helps to insure that we will always know someone who does.
- Ardent Client Advocacy;
- Absolute Candor &Objectivity;
- Incisive &Tangible Guidance.
- Formal evaluation of client needs to initiate relationship
- Customized service offering
- Dynamic research support…not static annual updates
- Proactive advice, guidance, and recommendations
- Formal periodic review of service and support
FUSE DECISION SUPPORT OFFERINGS
With 20 years of experience in serving the decision making activities of asset managers, the FUSE team recognize the role of various types of research. As a result, the FUSE service offering has been designed to fulfill our clients' ongoing information needs as well as the "deeper dives" required for the assessment of specific opportunities. And, unlike traditional research vendors, our client service model anticipates ongoing involvement with our clients in tactical execution so as to insure that our services have a tangible impact on the business.
Market Intelligence Platform (M.I.P.): In seeking to become an integral partner to your organization, rather than simply a data or information provider, FUSE has structured its core research product and service offerings as a holistic relationship. This consists of client directed content in the form of issue notes, briefings, webinars, competitive intelligence updates, and trend monitoring customized to your firm's specific needs.
ConNext Partner Series: Through the ConNext Series, FUSE partners with industry experts to address business challenges identified by our clients. Our partner / experts are selected based upon their practical experience in the specific area which is aided by the unparralled network of contacts maintained by FUSE. The ConNext Series is part of fulfilling FUSE's unique client commitment, "If we do not know the answer we will find someone that does."
BenchMarks: FUSE has identified key decision areas where a combination of thorough business metrics and an understanding of marketplace requirements enable us to provide a tangible ability to directly impact business results. These decision support programs can be seen as specialized consulting engagements in which the basic inputs and structure of the projects have been pre-defined based upon years of related experience. Each program is customized to the unique needs , goals, structure, and resources of our clients and includes ongoing follow-up to insure that the business objectives and the associated tactical execution steps are carried out successfully.
ACUITY: FUSE combines aspects of MIP, ConNext and BenchMark into a decision support programs for distributors. The service is customized to fit the unique needs of firms in various channels (i.e. wirehouse, independent, RIA, bank trust). The underlying research focuses primarily on (1) the effectiveness of the centralized research and due diligence groups and (2) the relative productivity of FAs.
The individual components of the Market Intellilgence Platform are as follows:
- Issue Briefs: Analysis covering trends and issues specifically requested by client firms, market driven events, and topics gathered from the FUSE Network. These briefs will feature both FUSE and outside expert views and seek to be relevant and pointed as to provide incisive and tangible advice. Briefs will be delivered as written documents, webinar, and conference call events. Hardcopy synopsis of conference calls and webinars are created. Research is available on an as-completed basis online, with an aggregation of articles available monthly.
- Research Syntheses: There is an overwhelming volume of quality, public research available from various market participants. FUSE will identify relevant resources and synthesize these reports in concise and thoughtful pieces that seek to enhance the value of the content to your organization. Topics are expected to include: HNW investors, wealth management, M&A, retirement income, etc.
- Competitor Monitoring: Don't wait for competitive information that you need today. FUSE will monitor and track a customized competitor/peer group for you, providing competitive intelligence, updates, and relevant insights as they happen. This includes report card metrics on individual firms covering: sales, AUM quality, product, P/R, Web presence, advisor perceptions, and marketing. The competitor/peer group can be changed and adjusted as your needs change. Delivery is ongoing and immediate through our Partner website, with aggregated findings available monthly.
- Market Intelligence: FUSE will track and provide intelligence, updates, and relevant insight that are customized to your firm's unique business issues, which can be changed and adjusted as your needs change. Delivery is immediate through our Partner website, with aggregated findings available monthly.
- Direct Connect: In our goal to become a true partner, FUSE believes that access to our analysts is fundamental to maximizing the value of our partnership. FUSE takes a proactive approach to facilitating communications between our clients and our analysts to assure that we understand your business, and that you gain additional insight and information, as well as their individual perspectives.Beyond research topics and questions, you can use our staff and Network to help you:
- Optimize resource allocation - FUSE will act as a repository of feedback from your peers concerning service providers, conferences, trade events, etc.
- Facilitate business meetings - Access the FUSE Network to help set meeting agendas, identify speakers, moderate panels, etc.
- Peer Insights: Through the FUSE Network we will help you get near real time insights that are highly targeted to the individuals and organizations best equipped to answer your questions.
- Work with FUSE to articulate your research questions, develop concise survey questions, and field surveys of your peers.
- Use this service to: benchmark business practices, access an ideal sounding board, seek industry validation/modification of your ideas, identify best practices, or simply compare notes.
- Networking &Knowledge Series: FUSE led executive breakfasts and roundtables featuring the opportunity to hear from industry leaders and experts as well as have open and candid conversations with your peers.
ConNext represents a dramatic change from how research firms have traditionally presented information. Only ConNext programs provide dynamic decision support through the inclusion of customized planning sessions, ongoing research updates, and expert discussion forums. In contrast to traditional study providers, FUSE's ongoing support and periodic updates which helps to insure that our research will have a useful shelf-life of 2-3 times longer than competitors' reports by avoiding the "value erosion" that creeps in soon after completion of static research reports. Some of the topics currently being advanced by FUSE include:
- Consumer Lessons on Retirement Income (completed with MastHill Consulting)
- HNW Distribution – Bank Trust, Family Office, and HNW Advisor
- Platform/UMA Distribution
- Institutional IODC (Consultants and Direct to Plan Sponsors)
- Retirement (403(B), Product Manufacturing, Rollover)
- Information Delivery - Marketing Collateral/Web
- Product Management Strategy
- Transforming Wholesaling
- Alternative Products – Hedge/Private Equity
- The Role &Value of Brand for Asset Managers
BenchMarks are support programs that combine market intelligence with a pre-defined methodology for self-assessment to produce a structured approach to decision making. FUSE provides ongoing evaluations of the implementation process to help insure that business objectives are realized.
The Distribution Effectiveness BenchMark provides clear direction with re: to the optimal allocation of resources devoted to the sales, marketing, and management of investment products.
|FUSE Market Intelligence
|Internal Assessment Processes
Product Line Review
Department Goals &Objectives
The Strategic Directions BenchMark insures that the firm's overall strategy is clearly defined and that the attendant business goals are supported by the appropriate tactical execution plans.
|FUSE Market Intelligence
Sizing / Opportunity Data
Channel Support Requirements
Competitor SWOT Analysis
|Internal Assessment Processes
Product Line Review
Goal Alignment / Tracking
The management team at FUSE has made a conscious ongoing effort to maintain the industry's most extensive network of contacts. We are committed to sustaining this advantage in that it insures our ability to meet our promise to our clients…"if we do not know the answer to your question we find someone that does". This network also provides FUSE with another way of staying in front of industry trends and developments by regularly interacting with firms in all of the followings segments:
- Academic Institutions
- Asset Managers (incl. Institutional and Alternative)
- Back-Office Service Providers
- Business / Financial Press
- Data Providers
- Distributors (B/Ds. RIAs, Platforms)
- Executive Search
- Government / Regulatory Agencies
- Industry Consultants
- Investment Bankers
- Law Firms
- Public / Press Relations
- Research Firms
- Think Tanks
- Trade Groups
- Other Vendors (i.e. Fugent, FRA Conferences, Fluent Tech)